Use Case: Beginner friendly, easy to use for the average humanFor the Average Human
- Name: Jane
- Age: 35
- Occupation: Executive Assistant
- Tech Proficiency: Moderate (comfortable using smartphones and basic apps)
- Interests: Hosting social gatherings, watching sports, enjoying creative activities like painting, and attending local events.
Scenario 1: Hosting a Wine and Paint Session
How Move Helps:
- Event Setup: Jane creates an event for a wine and paint session, setting ticket prices and including details about the art supplies provided.
- Ticket Coupons: To reward loyal participants, she creates ticket coupons and shares the codes to those folks.
- Promotion: Jane shares the event link on their social media profiles and with their coworkers.
- Registrations: Attendees can easily purchase and register for the event and track their admission pass via email or SMS.
- Announcements: If there are any last-minute changes to the painting supplies or venue, Jane sends out announcements to all attendees.
- Check-In: On the day of the event, She uses Move's digital check-in feature, allowing them to focus on guiding the art session.
Scenario 2: Hosting a Super Bowl Party
How Move Helps:
- Event Creation: Jane easily creates a Super Bowl party event on Move's user-friendly platform, specifying the date, time, and location.
- Ticketing: They set up ticket options for guests, whether it's a free gathering or a small charge to cover snacks and drinks.
- Invitations: Using Move's SMS and email registration, they invite friends and family with a simple text or email link.
- Updates: Jane can send updates about the game time, menu changes, or parking instructions to all attendees via Move's announcement feature.
- Check-In: On game day, she uses her smartphone or laptop to check in guests digitally, streamlining the process and eliminating the need for paper lists.
- Ticket Delivery: Guests receive their tickets via text, making it convenient for them to access event details.
Host a party, class, or stream.